Re: Re: How to enable cURL php extension on Debian Wheezy?

Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tamara Temple <tamouse.lists@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> It is interesting.. that when I switch to English language for
> >> Moodle installation ( on the web interface ), then I get not this
> >> error, but if I switch back to Hungarian language for installation, I
> >> get it again.
> >
> > I am completely unfamiliar with Moodle, have no idea what it is or how
> > it works with I18n stuff. But, if it works in one language and not the
> > other, the problem probably isn't with curl, or necessarily with the
> > php configuration, either.
>
> It doesn't work in Englis language either, just at this step of Moodle
> installation on the web interface, it doesn't complain for the missing
> cURL extension. But, when I proceed with the installation in English
> language, I come to the step where it shows up again the missing cURL
> extension.

Ah, I'm sorry, my misundertanding.

> > When you switch to Hungarian, what are the actual errors you are
> > seeing?
> > Stick the log in a gist or pastebin so it doesn't get mangled by
> > email.
>
> I get no error message at this step of Moodle installation, when I use
> Hungarian language.
>
> >> The info.php file with the content of:
> >> <?
> >>  phpinfo();
> >> ?>
> >>
> >> should show the enabled cURL extension?
> >
> > I missed this one, somehow.
> >
> > Yes, exactly, the cURL module should show up on phpinfo() output.
>
> Well, the phpinfo() output doesn't show up the cURL module yet.
>
> I have the following directories and files in the
>
> /etc/php5/ directory:
>
>  /apache2 directory with the content:
>    php.ini file
>    /conf.d subdirectory with the content:
>      gd.ini
>      ..
>      xcache.ini
>
>      But here I don't have
>      curl.ini
>      xmlrpc.ini
>
>      and I think that that it should be here curl.ini, xmlrpc.ini
>
>      Why is not here curl.ini?

My ../apache2/conf.d directory is a symlink to the ../conf.d
directory. This might indeed be the problem.

Not to make *your* ../apache2/conf.d a symlink, but to put symlinks
inside it to the .ini files you need in ../conf.d. Give that go, and
see? I'm sorry I'm not much better help -- this all came out of the box
the way I needed it and I didn't think about it much.