Re: Trying to understand what I've broken to not allow mkdir() to work.

On 16 May 2013 15:42, Karim Geiger <geiger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> On 05/16/2013 04:33 PM, Richard Quadling wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I'm running on a Mac with a Centos VM (via VirtualBox).
> >
> > Was running from from our SVN server.
> >
> > New repo, now running from GIT.
> >
> > The checkout is on my local machine (using Netbeans, LESS, etc.)
> >
> > The VM is running Apache and PHP V5.4.15
> >
> > During the move, I've got some permissions issues, which I simply don't
> > understand enough to a) resolve myself, b) know what to ask for to get
> the
> > right help in solving the issue.
> >
> > I've been told that the permissions on my mac via the shared folder
> through
> > VirtualBox to the Centos setup is where my problem lies. But I don't
> know.
> >
> > Is there anyone who can give me definite help here? I can manually create
> > the directories, but that's just daft.
> >
> > Nothing LOOKS any different between the two repos, but I don't know how
> > tell beyond comparing ls outputs.
> >
> > Any help would be good.
>
> What happens if you're making an ls -la in your Terminal on your SVN
> folder? Could you paste the output? It looks like the owner or
> permissions of the folder aren't correct.
>
> Regards
>
> Karim
>
> --
> Karim Geiger
> Auszubildender Fachinformatiker AE
>
> B1 Systems GmbH
> Osterfeldstraße 7 / 85088 Vohburg / http://www.b1-systems.de
> GF: Ralph Dehner / Unternehmenssitz: Vohburg / AG: Ingolstadt,HRB 3537

Seems the mounting is the issue.

mount -o nosuid,uid=apache,gid=apache -t vboxsf ccdev /mnt/newbuild

And that has mounted the drive and the mkdir() is working!

And in further looking, my /etc/fstab was trying to mount ccdev to
/mnt/trunk ...

ARGH!!!

Sorry for the noise. I need a beer now!

--