Re: webform spam prevention

On Wed, 2013-04-03 at 20:32 -0500, tamouse mailing lists wrote:

> I'd love to learn how to do that WITHOUT A MOUSE
>
> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM, jomali <jomali3945@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 7:33 PM, tamouse mailing lists
> > <tamouse.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> These folks might have direction for you: http://textcaptcha.com/really
> >>
> >> (And my apologies for top posting. It seems Google has forced their
> >> new mail compose widget upon me. I can no longer use my own editor to
> >> smoothly and easily edit message, and Google forces the top post.)
> >

> > Actually, it doesn't, as I show below.

> >> --
> >>

> > Actually, it doesn't. All you have to do is scroll to the bottom and add
> > your material.

Captchas are not very accessible. Not only do you often need a near
super-human ability to identify the scrawl that's displayed, but if you
can't actually see very well to start with (maybe your vision isn't
perfect or you can't see at all) then you have to fall back to the audio
replacement offered by the captcha. I've tried listening to some, and
they are awful.

One type I've seen (and use myself) which is gaining traction is that of
asking for a human type of response to a question, or have them perform
a simple mathematical problem, where the numbers are replaced with
something else.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk