Re: Newbie is trying to set up OOP With PHP and MySQL or MySQLi database class (using CRUD)

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 1:24 PM, Haluk Karamete <halukkaramete@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I recommend a third option, that is PDO.
>
> Start here please. http://net.tutsplus.com/?s=pdo
>
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 9:49 AM, dealTek <dealtek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> Newbie is trying to set up OOP With PHP and MySQL or MySQLi database class (using CRUD)
>>
>> Simple story: creating this class database by myself is way over my head. So it be best for me to find something on the Internet that has already been created and working to pro specs (using CRUD with good security etc).
>>
>> In my studying, it seems that there is a difference between MySQL and MySQLi - MySQLi  being the preferred choice if I understand correctly.
>>
>> There are lots of examples on the Internet however I don't know enough about it to know a good starting example from a bad starting example, so I would much appreciate any assistance pointing me towards a good starting point
>>
>> This seems a good start to me untrained eye, but it seems to be for mysql - not mysqli...
>>
>> http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/php/real-world-oop-with-php-and-mysql/
>>
>> http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/topic/223360-connect-to-your-database-using-oop-php5-with-mysql-and-mysqli/
>>
>> http://snipplr.com/view/8417/
>>
>> http://snipplr.com/view/12535/
>>
>> any assistance is appreciated!
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Dave - DealTek
>> dealtek@xxxxxxxxx
>> [db-3]
>>

>> --

The DreamInCode one is good. MySQLi is the recommended option over
MySQL since the mysql one is deprecated. PDO is also a great option
since you can prepare your queries to help sanitize the data

--

Bastien

Cat, the other other white meat