Re: Pear Page2

Silvio Siefke <siefke_listen@xxxxxx> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 17:21:05 +0000
>Ashley Sheridan <ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> If the pages are already written, why do you want to start changing
>> the way they've been built?
>
>1.) All websites are created manually. (nano + html/css Tags)
>2.) The maintenance effort now is not enough.
>3.) The programming (PHP) provides opportunities, which I'd like to
>meet.
>4.) curiosity
>5.) enough time
>
>Me was helped a lot in forums and mailing lists. I would like it back,
>because
>that's the idea of ​​Open Source. Maybe I can help someone be in the
>distant
>future on a project. For that I must even try to learn once, and read.
>
>Is that all one reason or think I'm wrong?
>

>Thank you for help, Greetings
>Silvio

What I would start to do is break out common parts of pages to include files. This would be stuff like headers, footers, sidebars, etc.
>From there, you could use variables to set things like titles, stylesheets, nav items, etc. I've had to do this recently on a project that was written as a bunch of static files.
At worst, you could update the page2 templating engine to account for your new elements. But like I said, I think the very style page2 uses is extremely limiting, and will make maintenance later on.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk