Re: Pear Page2

On Sat, 2013-01-05 at 15:23 +0100, Silvio Siefke wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 07:53:04 +0000
> Ashley Sheridan <ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure quite what you'd expect such a module to do? Is this for
> > templating?
>
> page2 creates complete websites. Would be useful because I'm sitting
> at the website internationalization. Template engines seem complicated.
>

> Thank you for help, Greetings
> Silvio

I've just had a quick look at page2, and I can't say I see the point.
You'd end up having to write a lot more code that was harder to manage
by adding each element through a class like that if your site got even
moderately complicated.

There are many templating engines, and some are more complicated than
others, don't write them off just yet. Technically speaking, page2 is a
template engine of a kind, so you're already using one.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk