Re: memory allocation error

On 11/13/2012 6:29 AM, Matijn Woudt wrote:

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 12:23 AM, Carol Peck <carolapeck@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:carolapeck@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 11/12/2012 11:51 AM, Matijn Woudt wrote:

    On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM, Carol Peck <carolapeck@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:carolapeck@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        Sebastian,
        Yes, I do , but this particular error never gets into my
        custom handler.
        I have also set it so that fatal errors fall through, and
        that doesn't seem to make any difference (again, probably
        because it never gets there).

        Carol

    Can you post the code of the error handler? I guess the bug is
    there. Bugs like these are mostly because of recursion errors or
    something. (Don't know if it's possible, but an error inside the
    error handler?)
    Fatal errors will btw always fall through, you can't catch fatal
    errors. You should, for testing, turn off your custom error
    handler and see what it does.

    - Matijn

    Ps. Please bottom-post on this mailing list.
    Here is the error class (I hope I"m posting the code the right
    way).  I will turn this off for a while.
    It's main purpose is to format the message before logging.  I do
    know that things are getting logged properly.

    Thanks again.

<Snip some code>

Your hosting is using SuPHP which most likely causes these problems. You have two options:
1) Get a better host, or even better, get a dedicated server.
2) Increase your memory limit, even though your script doesn't really reaches that limit, it seems that SuPHP somehow messes that up. Read more at [1].

- Matijn

[1] http://forum.inmotionhosting.com/viewtopic.php?t=3147
Matijn,
Thanks so much, I had found that post but thought it was related to the SilverStripe CMS they were referencing. I've been coming to the same conclusion about the host.
Cheers,
Carol