Re: Re: TURBOPY cloud framework + IDE beta available NOW

Sebastian Krebs <krebs.seb@xxxxxxxxx> hat am 30. Oktober 2012 um 16:20
geschrieben:
> 2012/10/30 marco@xxxxxxxxxx <marco@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > Ok, I can take that point. I haven't installed anything on a shared host
> > for a
> > while. Always working with VServers.
> >

> And if you want to take your job serious, thats definitely the way to go. I
> don't think it's useful to give the ISPs a legitimation to stay forever on
> outdated (5.3 exists since 06/2009, last 5.2 is from 01/2011) and
> unsupported (12/2010) (and therefore probably insecure) versions neither by
> tolerating their update-laziness, nor by providing software, that encourage
> their update-laziness. ;) Just my two cent, but really 5.2? 5.5 is
> (loosely) scheduled for Q1 2013 ;)

That is why I go for 5.3 at least.

And would recommend that to everyone, reasons mentioned above!

but I do get the point, that if you want to have customers using your product,
and they have access to 5.2 only, then you have to support it somehow.

But you can also take a look at others projects like TYPO3, they force you to
use PHP 5.3 to be up to date