RE: Joining a team, where no wiki or docs are available

Behzad,
	I would start by mapping their databases structure. Get an understanding of the data behind the application.
Normally this gives you a better insight into their thought process, providing they use one.

Now for each page I would map out any functions, statements or includes to a diagram and documenting explanations for everything.
Because their concept of what the application does may not be the actual functionality.

This will allow you to see pitfalls, bad coding, and areas of improvement. This will also allow you do explain to them what the application really does.
Think documentum