Re: Joining a team, where no wiki or docs are available

I would first start out with checking the code where user input is
taken and then placed into SQL statements from a SQL Injection point
of view, I would also take a look if user input is echoed back without
any treatment to see if there are issues with XSS.

If these checks yield that the previous programming done carelessly, I
would call IT department to an immediate meeting to discuss this
matter.

At that time, you either convince the IT department that the code
needs to be re-written or a great patch work is due. But many times,
writing code from the ground up yields way better results than trying
to fix the problematic code.

I think there are two kinds of programmers. Those with do what they
are told and could not care less the rest and Those who stop their
bosses and guide them in the proper track.