Warning at PDO:Firebird driver manual page removed.

Hi, good evening!

I'm working with an database from and older application (Firebird 1.5) and
I need some help to implement the PDO:Firebird in our projects at work. If
anybody could give me some light in this case, I would be very happy to
implement PDO with Firebird from now on.

Until last month, the manual page about PDO:Firebird driver (
http://php.net/manual/en/ref.pdo-firebird.php) had a Warning message (
http://twitpic.com/awrqdx/full , 'Aviso' in portuguese) alerting about the
risks of using this extension: "Warning: This module is EXPERIMENTAL. The
behaviour of this extension - including function names and any other
documentation about this extension - can change without advice in future
versions of PHP. This extension should be used at your own risk." and that
was the reason I didn't implemented this extension before, I didn't felt
safe enough to use it in our projects. But at the beggining of september
(nearly day 7) the warning message was removed (
http://twitpic.com/awrw8k/full) and no comments were posted on the page,
leaving unexplained the reasons of this update.

I've got help from Rafael Dohms on twitter which sent links (
http://www.gn0s1s.nl/?p=108 and http://www.firebirdnews.org/?p=6619)
explaining that between may and december 2011 some members of gn0s1s.nl and
firebirdnews.org had plans to fix bugs to set this extension safe for
general use, but I didn't got any response that proved with 100% that this
extension is now secure for project needs.

The question is: why the warning message was removed, and now this
extension is safe for use, without risks of being discontinued or
depreciated?

Sincerely,

--
Davi Marcondes Moreira