Re: How to limit source IP in PHP

On 09/13/2012 04:15 PM, Tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:

Jim, sorry but you did not read carefully my posts.

Since the fist post, I ALWAYS spoke about connections a PHP script may
open autonomously (what you name second connection).

I'm never speaking about listening/intercepting/using the original HTTP
request.

Then why did you bring up apache? That seems to be the source of confusion...

It is well clear for anyone with a minimum knowledge of programming in
apache that only apache listens and answers from the binded port of httpd.
And, of course, any program/script/binary called from apache, will
return his data to apache, and apache only will send them back to the
original requester.

That is why your mentioning Apache confused me (and probably others).

At the same time it is well clear too that each called
program/script/binary may live autonomously before returning data to
apache, and do whatever action it requires to do, including the opening
of a network socket to an external or internal server.

Your still talking about Apache...

And this is true for any language, from perl to C to PHP.

Only first two replies understood the initial request, all other just
added confusion to the thread.

Regards,

Tonino

Which is it that you are talking about? PHP running through Apache or a dedicated PHP script running on its own as a daemon?

--
Jim Lucas

http://www.cmsws.com/
http://www.cmsws.com/examples/