Re: How to limit source IP in PHP

Il 14/09/2012 00:09, Jim Lucas ha scritto:
On 09/13/2012 12:55 PM, Tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:
Il 13/09/2012 21:41, Jim Lucas ha scritto:
On 09/13/2012 12:28 PM, Tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:

You are speaking about incoming connections, I suppose.

I'm speaking about connections started from within PHP.

Which is a response to the incoming connection.

And so? There is no relation between the call received from Apache
(which is not passed to PHP), and any connection PHP may open later.

My experience has always been, with Apache and lighttpd at least, that the response comes from the IP:PORT that the request was made to.

Jim, sorry but you did not read carefully my posts.

Since the fist post, I ALWAYS spoke about connections a PHP script may open autonomously (what you name second connection).

I'm never speaking about listening/intercepting/using the original HTTP request.

It is well clear for anyone with a minimum knowledge of programming in apache that only apache listens and answers from the binded port of httpd. And, of course, any program/script/binary called from apache, will return his data to apache, and apache only will send them back to the original requester.

At the same time it is well clear too that each called program/script/binary may live autonomously before returning data to apache, and do whatever action it requires to do, including the opening of a network socket to an external or internal server.

And this is true for any language, from perl to C to PHP.

Only first two replies understood the initial request, all other just added confusion to the thread.

Regards,

Tonino