Re: use JSON storage on RAMdisk instead of SQL? (for fast moving sites)

Op 6 sep. 2012 12:48 schreef "rene7705" <rene7705@xxxxxxxxx> het volgende:

> Hi Folks..
<snip>

> I seem to have figured most of this out, but before I embark on weeks
> of coding, I'd like to give the SQL experts here a chance to convince
> me to stick to MySQL for my data storage and distribution needs. I'd
> love to hear of a simple way to efficiently store and operate a forum
> with tree-structures for both subforums and threads->messages using
> MySQL, as my live hoster does not support RAMdisks, not without
> charging me about 70 euro per month instead of the $7 I pay now ;)
>
> Ok, thanks for reading and possibly considering all this,
>  Rene

Hi Rene,

I don't call myself an sql expert, but well.. sql is great, but not the
most efficient. There are more people like you that thought about storing
data in json. This has proven to be faster in most situations, that's why
popular platforms like facebook and Twitter don't use sql anymore. Have a
look at MongoDB for example, it uses bson,binary json. That seems to do
exactly what you want and you don't have to reinvent the wheel. You can
choose to store it's data files on ramdisk to make it even faster, but
mongodb has a pretty good cache.

- Matijn