Re: How to use wsdl files?

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Michelle Konzack
<linux4michelle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Experts,
>
> I am coding an Online Shop and need to include a VAT validation for  the
> Europe Community.  The Form can be found here:
>
>     <http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/vatRequest.html>
>
> However, there is a SOAP API:
>
>     <http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/checkVatService.wsdl>
>
> but I do not understand, how I have to use it. I need it very simple and
> a response of "TRUE" or "FALSE" plus maybe an ERROR CODE  is  enough.  I
> would prefer to use a simple URL call and take the reponse to validate a
> business customer.
>
> An help welcome.
>
> Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
>     Michelle Konzack

Hi Michelle,

You could start by looking at the PHP SoapClient [1], which takes a
URI to a WSDL descriptor as argument. You can enter the URL to the
WSDL file there, like this:
$client = new SoapClient("http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/checkVatService.wsdl";);

Now you need to know which function you want to call, let's say it's
called SomeFunction, then you can do:
$client->SomeFunction($paramA, $paramB);

Hope this gets you started.

- Matijn