Re: Using PEAR and PHP

On 23/08/2012 20:12, "Matijn Woudt" <tijnema@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 9:12 PM, Ashley Sheridan <ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, 2012-08-23 at 20:33 +0200, Matijn Woudt wrote:

> OK thanks Matijn.
>
> I’ll google it now and install it.
>
> There is a site.php as well as a config.php file in the sub-directory of the
> old server. I’ve copied these over but not sure why it still doesn’t
> recognise it. I’ve amended the code to point to the new server as well.
>
> Suraj

The old server has probably some freaky settings that make that
directory automatically included, for example by modifing the php
include dir in php.ini, or it is part of a package. You can open up
this site.php file and look at the first lines, it might give you a
hint if it's part of some package.

- Matijn

You just made me think actually, could it be an .htaccess file re-routing the file paths (different to URL re-routing)? Because of the way MacOS and Linux works, an .htaccess file would be hidden by default and therefore not necessarily copied across.

That could be a possibility, though looking at the code Suraj send it's not very likely as there is path redirect magic in there. Most likely the web folder is named differently (it seems like it assumes the web files to be in public_html, which might not be the case in his new server.

- Matijn

You’re right Matijn.

It’s currently pointing to a folder called ‘public_html’ where the index.php and the rest of the website is stored. I, first, tried configuring it so that on the new server, it was directly within the root server but this kept on bringing error messages.

I then replicated the old server on the new server but am still getting these error messages as described earlier.

Also, I have typed in ls  -a and it comes up with the directories, but there is no “such file” for .htaccess.

Suraj