Re: Using PEAR and PHP

On Thu, 2012-08-23 at 18:42 +0100, Suraj Shah wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I am currently working on a website which uses PHP as an integral programming language as part of it.
>
> I am trying to replicate the website’s contents from one ftp server to another but am encountering serious issues in doing so. I’ve spent two days trying to find out the reasons and now think its down to the PEAR installation.
>
> This is therefore a question on if I want to transfer a website from one domain to another, then do I need to install PEAR and re-configure all the files? At the moment, all I can see within the ftp client regarding PEAR are the ‘Mail’ and ‘Mail_Mime’ components.
>
> I am new to this so any help on this would be great.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Suraj
>

> Suraj Shah
> Online Marketing Executive
> 26 Throgmorton Street | London | EC2N 2AN
> t: 020 7826 9031
> e: suraj@xxxxxxxx
> w: www.aifa.net

That would depend. Some servers install Pear outside the web root but in
a location the web server has access to so that it can be used within
your own scripts. Most often though, I've just seen code use a library
or two from Pear and include them like you can see from your FTP access.

What kinds of errors are you getting when you attempt to get the site
running on the second server?

--
Thanks,
Ash