Re: about unlink

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 4:22 AM, Tolga <kacmaztolga@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi, i have a very annoying problem with unlink()
> i use win7 and wamp server (apache 2.2.22 & php 5.4.3)
> when i try to use unlink:
>
> SCREAM: Error suppression ignored for
> Warning: unlink(aaa/bbb.ccc): Permission denied in C:\wamp\www\ddd\index.php
> on line /34/

    What are the specific ownership and permission mode properties on
that exact file and directory?

> neither the folder, nor the files are read-only. i give every user on win,
> all the permissions on folders & files.
> i look on google for same error, but nothing useful. some says 'you need to
> give PHP delete permission' but didnt say how. i run wamp with Run as
> Administrator.
> by the way, php can write, create
> (copy(),file_put_contents(),move_uploaded_file(),mkdir()) files or folders.
> there is no problem with it and there is no problem with deleting (rmdir)
> folders too. but there is problem when it comes to the deleting files.

    Hopefully that's just for development, and you're making much more
serious security considerations for anything production-worthy or even
simply network-facing.

> i really need some suggestions about how to solve this, its really annoying
> and  i dont want to throw my pc to the wall or punch it on the screen.

    Yeah, neither option would resolve the issue anymore.  The
monitor-punch-fix feature was removed in PHP 3.0.4.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Network Infrastructure Manager