XML/PHP web service

Greetings all,

I am looking for some options here.

I am in need of creating a service on our web server that will always be
available and automated.
It will accept an XML file.

I will be checking to see if the XML file is valid and then passing it on
to another server.
But I need to accept this file without using a submit form.
I have never done anything like this and looking for ideas.

I am using a lamp environment and looking for suggestions.

I am looking to set this up so that our vendors can set up scripts to
automatically post XML files to our servers.

Blessed Be

Phillip

"In the Jim Crow South, for example, government failed and indeed refused
to protect blacks from extra-legal violence. Given our history, it's
stunning we fail to question those who would force upon us a total reliance
on the state for defense."
-- Robert J. Cottrol