Re: E_STRICT safe PEAR

Sebastian Krebs wrote:
Didn't you say you use the builtin packages from suse? I guess they are _not_
the latest :X

I'm trying to establish if this is actually correct, and that PEAR has
never been brought up to date, or I'm still hitting a pre E_STRICT
version.

As mentioned: That depends on the packages. There are packages, that are
completely unmaintained nowadays. However, I have some tools, that relies on
PEAR-packages and I've seen no E_STRICT for a while now, which makes me think,
that at least some, if not all, are PHP5.4-compliant.

http://pear.php.net/package/PEAR lists 1.9.4 as the current release, and this is what has been loaded. PEAR::isError() is not defined as 'static', therefore the error I am seeing.
http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=19491
Many of the System.php functions are not static, but are called statically so I am getting more suspicious that PEAR is simply not compatible with E_STRICT.

Simply adding 'static' against each function seems to have cleared all my current messages.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL