Re: PDO: extend or encapsulate?

tamouse mailing lists wrote:
I am rather agreeing with both of you. Back in the days I used to poke
at Java, one of the caveats was to only inherit from abstract classes,
and encapsulate final classes. It does make more sense to me that way.

One option is to keep both drivers available ...
ADOdb will use either the generic or PDO which is useful when PDO does not provide access to key database specific functions. I've been testing the PDO driver on my own code simply by switching which one is loaded, but I still find the generic driver for Firebird is faster - when wrapped in ADOdb.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL