RE: Entry point of an MVC framework

Hi Simon,

You'll probably want to look at Bootstrapping your framework too. Ideally the bootstrap will include (or have an autoload function) to load your classes - controllers/models/views, and it'll also deal with routing so deciding which controller and action to call based on the URL, this usually involves doing an explode() on the $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'], and using Apache's mod_rewrite to forward all requests to your bootstrap (often named index.php)

Building frameworks and going through the motions are a great way to build up experience and play with areas of the language you might not normally use, you might want to get inventive with the Reflection class to check actions or controllers exist and then forward the user to a 404 page later on.

Cheers
Adam.

This email is intended solely for the recipient and is confidential and not for third party unauthorised distribution. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this email, please notify the author by replying to this email or notifying the system manager (online.security@xxxxxxxx).  If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email.

Any opinions expressed in this document are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hargreaves Lansdown. In addition, staff are not authorised to enter into any contract through email and therefore nothing contained herein should be construed as such. Hargreaves Lansdown makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within this email. In particular, Hargreaves Lansdown does not accept responsibility for any changes made to this email after it was sent.

Hargreaves Lansdown Asset Management Limited (Company Registration No 1896481), Hargreaves Lansdown Fund Managers Limited (No 2707155), Hargreaves Lansdown Pensions Direct Limited (No 3509545) and Hargreaves Lansdown Stockbrokers Limited (No 1822701) are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and registered in England and Wales. The registered office for all companies is One College Square South, Anchor Road, Bristol, BS1 5HL. Telephone: 0117 988 9880