Re: Using named Pipes between PHP and ZIP

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 7:19 PM, Dennis Heck <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Unfortunately it makes no difference if i use zip with 2 - or if I leave
> them ommited. The longer I guess about it, the more I think it might be a
> ZIP topic, namely how the stream to stdin needs to be like so zip will know
> the name of the file from it.
>

> Regards,
> Dennis

This is a known problem with zip, it's just not possible. Either you
select files, or you pass something on stdin (which will have no
filename). You will have to do the same trick with mkfifo, but you can
use the php function posix_mkfifo[1] for that.

- Matijn

[1] php.net/posix_mkfifo