Re: exec to launch putty.exe for telnet

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 8:24 PM, Devang Patel <devangnp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Experts,
>
> I have putty.exe on my desktop so if I will go to command prompt and then
> to  C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop location and execute following
> command it will launch the Putty window of telnet connection to server
> specified:
>
>  putty.exe telnet://10.3.215.15/
>

> I am trying to launch the putty to telnet to specific server using
> following but its not working for me:
>
> <?php
> $securecrt = "C:\\Documents and Settings\\user\\Desktop\\putty.exe telnet://
> 10.3.215.15/ ";
>

> exec($securecrt);
> ?>
>
> If I try following then it launches the putty application but will have to
> provide the host name or IP to login:
>
> <?php
> $securecrt = "C:\\Documents and Settings\\user\\Desktop\\putty.exe ";
>

> exec($securecrt);
> ?>
>
> Not sure if I am missing something very basic, It will be great if someone
> can help with this.
>
> Thanks,
> Devang

Hi Devang,

What version of PHP are you using? It seems there is a bug with PHP
version 5.2 and lower on windows which requires you to add extra
quotes to the input, though, doing so will result in errors on PHP
version 5.3 and up.
Also, are you getting any specific errors? Maybe you can explain a
little more detailed of what isn't working exactly?

- Matijn