Re: slicing and dicing strings

WARNING: May contain traces of sarcasm.

On 27 Jun 2012, at 23:15, Kirk Bailey wrote:

> ok, it slices and dices, but how?
> in python, to print all but the last char in string FOO, we say
> print FOO[:-1]
> But this seems to bark like a basset hound in php. Whyfore?

Because it's not valid syntax in PHP.

RTFM is the best response to such a simple request. Seriously, how hard is it to do this: http://bit.ly/MUDL80? This list is here to help you solve problems, not laziness.

> Would anyone care to help me understand this without dedicating 4 precious and in over demand/under supply hours to RTFM?

If it would really take you 4 hours to find this out via the manual or Google then I think it would be 4 hours well spent: 3 hours 55 minutes learning how to use the manual / Google effectively, and 5 minutes to then get the answer you seek.

-Stuart

--
Stuart Dallas
3ft9 Ltd