Re: Read dynamic variable from HTML form into PHP

"Govinda" <govinda.webdnatalk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:72497398-3A6C-4FAA-89F2-565C18FD2156@xxxxxxxxx...

On 2012-06-05, at 10:54 PM, Devangnp wrote:

> I know how to pass variable but having difficulties when I use the dynamic
> form field in HTML that add more boxes as per user require.
>

>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I am a basic user of PHP and I have need of reading the dynamic HTML
>>> form
>>> field as a variable in PHP so it will be great if someone can share some
>>> good link or snip for quick understanding.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Devang
>>

>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+pass+and+receive+a+PHP+variable
>>
>> When just starting out, "Google is your friend".
>>
>> Or did I misunderstand your question?
>>
>> -Govinda

Devang,

Please keep replies on-list.
Please post your replies at the bottom, past the older (snipped) content.

Many here will be glad to help..  but you'll need to make your question more
clear.. at least for me to be able to help anyway.
First of all, what do you mean exactly, by, "the dynamic form field in
HTML"?  And by "boxes" do you mean form inputs of 'text' type?  If so, then
do you mean to suggest that input by the end user should determine the
number of text inputs that should display in a second HTML form?
Please spend more time describing what you are trying to do.. and also
please show any code you attempt(ed) to accomplish this.  If you are unable
to write any code, then try pseudo code - meaning write in successive lines
of prose what you want code to do, and post that here.

-Govinda=

I thought he meant previously generated "array" type fields, that use the
same name.  I've never done it myself, but  I thought the method of handling
this kind of input included placing a hidden field with the count on the
form to be retriieved later and used in processing the dynamic fields in a
loop.