Re: disabled cookies

On Sun, Jun 03, 2012 at 10:21:21PM +0100, Ashley Sheridan wrote:

> Al <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >Disabled cookies use to be a problem years ago.  What's your
> >experience these days.
> >
> >I need it for my session ID. As I read the docs, the old method of
> >appending it to the URL is a security issue.
> >
> >I can obviously save the ID in a temp file which can be read by all
> >the pages needing it.
> >
> >Al....

> >visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php
>
> There is a new law been passed in the UK that makes non-essential
> cookies opt-in only, so you must get permission in order to use them.

Good lord. I'm glad the U.S. Congress has not gotten together to pass
laws about how we build websites here. I'm not sure I could take
less-than-bright government bureaucrats telling me how to do the job of
programming. No offense, Ash, but you can keep your parliament.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster
http://noferblatz.com