Re: Simple Email System (SES) Provider

Bastien Koert <phpster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 8:32 PM, Don Wieland <donw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I built a system in PHP/mySQL where a group of users post events,
>sign-up
>> for events, change their arrival times, remove thier names from
>events, and
>> post related notes on the events. Each time an action is done, an
>email is
>> generated to the entire group that their has been a change. Pretty
>standard
>> stuff...
>>
>> Today I just got an Mail Delivery System email with this error:
>>
>> Domain dwdcweb.info has exceeded the max emails per hour (350/350
>(100%))
>> allowed.  Message will be reattempted later
>>
>> I contacted my VPS provider and they just alerted me that there is a
>limit
>> on how many emails my server can send per hour.
>>
>> They recommended I find a 3rd party service provider with support PHP
>API
>> connections.
>>
>> My budget is limited. Does anyone have any suggestions of companies
>that
>> might work for my scenario?
>>
>> Any feedback is appreciated ;-)
>>
>> Don
>>
>> --
>>

>Amazon has an email service you can plug in to with php
>
>http://aws.amazon.com/ses/
>

>--
>
>Bastien
>
>Cat, the other other white meat
>
>--

Rather than send an email to the group right away, could you not store up messages and send them out with more than one change in? So if person A creates an event, and person B and C sign to attend, your system would hold on and post all 3 messages in the same email.

Facebook has a similar system to reduce the number of emails it sends. I tell you, its appreciated by the recipients too more often than not!

Thanks,
Ash
http://ashleysheridan.co.uk