RE: cyberweaponry

In
> fact, one of the most common PHP-scripted attacks on the web is against an
> individual script, which has been packaged in with many other PHP
> applications - including WordPress - over the years.  The script, known as
> TimThumb, has an extremely well-known vulnerability in past versions,
which
> are still in widespread use today.

Just to be clear, WordPress core never included TimThumb. It was included in
some Premium themes and various plugins (still is in some plugins). A lot of
the vulnerabilities found in TimThumb have been patched however, the main
issue with it has been the loading of files from external websites and then
caching them on the server where the instance of WP resides. Just wanted to
make sure we don't create a panic.
[>]