Re: Function size

On 12-05-23 12:15 PM, Tedd Sperling wrote:

On May 23, 2012, at 11:49 AM, shiplu wrote:
On May 21, 2012, at 8:32 PM, tamouse mailing lists wrote:
When number of lines becomes the criteria of function size? Wouldn't it depends on the task the function is doing?

You missed the point.

Of course, the difficulty of the task of a specific function will directly contribute to the number of lines of code for that function, but that's not what I was talking about.

What I was talking about was that what we can grasp in one view, we can understand better. If the code lies outside of our view, then we understand it less. I can support this claim with numerous articles/books/studies of human visual limits vs short-term memory. I am only bringing this forward for us to consider in our writing code. If we know why we do things, then we can better understand what we do.

That's why I code in 5px font. On my huge monitor I sometimes find the code is shaped like a tiger, or a dragon, I swear I even saw Piccolo. It really does help to see the big picture :B

Cheers,
Rob.
--
E-Mail Disclaimer: Information contained in this message and any
attached documents is considered confidential and legally protected.