Re: regexp novice

"Stuart Dallas" <stuart@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:CC22E241-C1DF-48E9-BF06-8A638A356459@xxxxxxxx...
On 18 May 2012, at 14:32, Jim Giner wrote:

> OK - I don't yet understand how this works, but it seems to work for
> almost
> all cases.  The one erroneous result I get is from a value of 0040 (which
> convert to 00:40 before hitting the regexp).  It comes thru as Ok.  If you
> have a fix for that I'd appreciate it - otherwise I'll have to devote some
> book-time to mastering this string and come up with a fix myself.

Based on your requirements, 00:40 is completely valid. Why do you think it
should be invalid?

--
Stuart Dallas
3ft9 Ltd

Don't know how you write the time, but I've never used a time of 00:40.
Yes, I realize that my shorthand time string is missing a key ingredient of
am/pm, but 12:40 would be the time in my mind regardless of the status of
the sun.  In my speccific use of this code, all times would be 'daylight'
times so 40 minutes after minute would be a) not practical and b) still not
a recognized time in a 12-hour format.  Yes - in 24-hour formats, 00:40 is
correct, but my initial post did reference my need of a 12-hour format
solution.