Re: Bug in DOMDocument schemaValidate() function?

Hello,

I am sorry, but everything is ok here. I am performing an unmarshalling and marshalling unit test for every resource and
the problem was, that after unmarshalling to the object, the marshalling of the object did not create the version
element. I did not notice this in the first place.

So the validation error occured after the step of testing the marshalling and not before testing the unmarshalling.

Thank you anyways!

Best regards,
Marko

Am 14.05.2012 16:43, schrieb Matijn Woudt:
> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Voß, Marko<Marko.Voss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am validating user DOM against schema files using the following piece of code:
>>
>> $valid = @$doc->schemaValidate($xsdFile);
>>
>> where $doc is of type DOMDocument and $xsdFile is the file location of the XSD file.
>>
>> Everything worked fine until the following validation occured:
>>
>> A validation of a XML against the SRW/U schema (http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/sru1-1archive/xml-files/srw-types.xsd)
>> failed.
>>
>> Here is the XML:

>> <srw:explainResponse xmlns:srw="http://www.loc.gov/zing/srw/"; xmlns:zr="http://explain.z3950.org/dtd/2.0/";>
>>    <srw:version>1.1</srw:version>
>>    <srw:record>
>>      <srw:recordSchema>http://explain.z3950.org/dtd/2.0/</srw:recordSchema>
>>      <srw:recordPacking>XML</srw:recordPacking>
>>      <srw:recordData>
>>        <zr:explain>
>>          <zr:serverInfo wsdl="http://myserver.com/db"; protocol="SRU" version="1.1">
>>            <host>myserver.com</host>
>>            <port>80</port>
>>            <database>sru</database>
>>          </zr:serverInfo>
>>          <zr:databaseInfo>
>>            <title lang="en" primary="true">SRU Test Database</title>
>>            <description lang="en" primary="true">  My server SRU Test Database</description>
>>          </zr:databaseInfo>
>>          <zr:metaInfo>
>>            <dateModified>27-11-2003</dateModified>
>>          </zr:metaInfo>
>>        </zr:explain>
>>      </srw:recordData>
>>    </srw:record>
>> </srw:explainResponse>
>>
>> This XML is valid. However, I keep getting the following libxml error:
>>
>> object(LibXMLError)#192 (6) {
>>      ["level"]=>
>>      int(2)
>>      ["code"]=>
>>      int(1871)
>>      ["column"]=>
>>      int(0)
>>      ["message"]=>
>>      string(133) "Element '{http://www.loc.gov/zing/srw/}record': This element is not expected. Expected is (
>> {http://www.loc.gov/zing/srw/}version ).
>> "
>>      ["file"]=>
>>      string(0) ""
>>      ["line"]=>
>>      int(0)
>> }
>>
>> I think, the validator is unable to handle the xsd:extension part of the schema:
>>
>> <xsd:complexType name="explainResponseType">
>>    <xsd:complexContent>
>>      <xsd:extension base="responseType">
>>        <xsd:sequence><xsd:element ref="record"/>
>>          <xsd:element ref="echoedExplainRequest" minOccurs="0"/>
>>          <xsd:element ref="diagnostics" minOccurs="0"/>
>>          <xsd:element ref="extraResponseData" minOccurs="0"/>
>>        </xsd:sequence>
>>      </xsd:extension>
>>    </xsd:complexContent>
>> </xsd:complexType>

> [...]

Fachinformationszentrum Karlsruhe, Gesellschaft für wissenschaftlich-technische Information mbH.
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Amtsgericht Mannheim HRB 101892.
Geschäftsführerin: Sabine Brünger-Weilandt.
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig Dr. Thomas Greiner.