RE: Time out issue

-----Original Message-----
From: Matijn Woudt [mailto:tijnema@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2012 3:54 PM
To: admin
Cc: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Time out issue

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM, admin <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am running Windows 2008 R2, IIS 7
>
> I am running into an issue where no matter what I set the script  time
> out to be the server is
>
> Giving me a 500 error  after like 60 seconds when the process exceeds
> the configured activity timeout.
>

> Here is the example script
>
> <?
>
> set_time_limit(120);
>
> sleep(100);
>
> Echo "PASSED THE TIME OUT";
>
> ?>
>

> I fully understand this may not be a PHP error but if anyone has ran
> into this issue with a windows server and
>
> can explain in detail how I can adjust the timeout, I would be very
> grateful.
>
> Everything I have read online points to a fcgiext.ini file that does
> not exist on my server.
>

> Anyone know how to help ?

Didn't use windows server in about 10 years (Go linux ;)), but did you try this?

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/44ebc761-ac76-4b44-8894-551c9315af6c.mspx

- Matijn

I had to get Microsoft on the phone to resolve this issue with IIS and FAST-CGI seems you can adjust the
Request Timeout and Activity Timeout within the IIS manager and for some reason no documentation leads you to this point.

Sorry to bother issue resolved.