SOLVED: [PHP] alias address in REMOTE_ADDR

Hi,

shiplu and Jim, many thanks for the hints, I solved it; wasn't related to PHP, but I will write it down so if others search for this problem, at least they will have one solution that worked.

Jim: the Apache was configured to listen on all interfaces - I had to, because I have multiple SSL-enabled hosts with different keys

shiplu: it was the metric! Only problem, because these are alias interfaces, a simple ifmetric doesn't cut it:
#~ ifmetric eth0:1 20
SIOCSIFMETRIC: operation not supported
So I had to disable the alias interfaces with ifconfig down, the re-enable them; after that, add the gateways like this:
#~ route add default gw <GATEWAYIP> metric 10
so now my routing table has a metric 0 gateway for eth0, and a metric 10 for both aliases.

Many thanks again, and have a nice weekend!

Regards,
Csaba