FPDF ?

For those of you with FPDF experience.

I've just begun using it and have figured out how it works I think.  I am
still having trouble with the bottom of the page tho.  Seems that if I get
too close to the bottom margin and my data line exceeds the amount of
available space, my MultiCell elements print some of their contents and then
my Footer gets printed and then I go to a new page where some small amount
of the remaining data for that line gets printed and then a new page is
output and repeat.  This can go on for 3-4 pages before things work out and
my report continues until it gets a full page again and then it all happens
again.

I know it sounds complicated, but I'm hoping someone else has experienced
this kind of learning curve and can give me a clue as to what I'm doing
wrong, or at least what's happening.  Even better would be an algorithm for
detecting how much space I have left so I can avoid these split lines and
perhaps solve my entire problem.