Re: sms class

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 10:31 PM, Matijn Woudt <tijnema@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 9:53 PM, Lester Caine <lester@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Matijn Woudt wrote:
>>>
>>> It should be possible to hack up an android phone and write some
>>> software that sends messages from there, though using one of the
>>> provided services is much simpler.
>>

>> I have the phone already configured, but it requires a SIM card that ALLOWS
>> sending messages via the data port. All UK SIM's are locked to only work
>> from the phone itself :( This service IS available in other countries which
>> is where the data came from ...
>>

> That's why I said, hack an android phone. You can simulate it is send
> by the phone itself with enough programming skills.
>
> Matijn

Thinking again about this, Android does already support it out of the
box. (See [1]).

You could also try one of these:
DesktopSMS, EasySMS, RemoteSMS, Droid Messenger, MightyText, BrowserTexting

- Matijn

[1] http://developer.android.com/reference/android/telephony/SmsManager.html#sendTextMessage(java.lang.String,
java.lang.String, java.lang.String, android.app.PendingIntent,
android.app.PendingIntent)