Re: Re: Got HTML5 History API + caching LICKED, I think, <grin>

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 10:02 AM, rene7705 <rene7705@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Because some of you complained about the byte size of my homepage
> http://mediabeez.ws (was 2.5mb due to artwork), I've invested some time
> in shaving off quite a few bytes;
>
> I've discovered that by using photoshop to reduce the animation image
> color depth to "indexed color, 217 color", I can get the animation image
> file size down to less than 50% of the original that was output by my
> spriteGenerator-1.0.0
>
> And you hardly notice the difference at all :)
>
> I'm going to update http://mediabeez.ws later today, hopefully after I
> find a way to do this with imagemagick, which my spriteGenerator uses.
>
> And since I also use half the frames for my site logo of
> http://mediabeez.ws, that animation file is now 297kb, down from 2mb.
>

> Ok, http://mediabeez.ws and the download zip there are now updated.
On devices with less than 400 pixels wide screen, the total size for the
homepage is now 61kb.
On devices with more than 400 pixels wide screen, it's 910kb, due to more
artwork being loaded.

I take it that takes care of the "it's too friggin' large!" critiques ;)