Re: Got HTML5 History API + caching LICKED, I think, <grin>

On Sun, 2012-03-18 at 17:17 +0000, Tim Streater wrote:

> On 18 Mar 2012 at 17:06, Tim Streater <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I don't like:
> >
> > a) menus that just spring into life because you happen to mouse near them. You
> > should have to sick to activate a menu.
>
> Damned autocorrect. s/sick/click/
>
> --
> Cheers  --  Tim
>
> --

I would say it depends on the situation. Forcing an extra click rather
than a mouse over (or activation by tabbing to the element) could be an
issue for some disabilities, but having said that, relying on a mouse
over only is a big no too, as there are plenty of people who are unable
to use a mouse well, if at all; we're talking old arthritic users, or
people without the use of their hands, for example.

That's why, for navigation, I'd rely on the standard links to do the
work, and then, as others have mentioned on this thread already, enhance
that with script. Add extra menus that can be triggered to show for
multiple events (hover, activation by tabbing in, etc)

--
Thanks,
Ash