Re: Function mktime() documentation question

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 12:07 AM, Tedd Sperling <tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mar 9, 2012, at 11:17 AM, Charles wrote:

>>> Well no, I don't need to know the first day of next month to know the last day of this month. That's like saying "I need to know who is going to stand at the 'end of the line' NEXT before I can tell who is standing at the 'end of the' line NOW."
>>
>> The number of days in each month is fixed, except for february. If
>> that's what you want, why don't make a table of the number of days in
>> each month, and check for the special case of leap year.
>
> No offense, but that's not the point. A look-up table would work, but why when there are all sorts of built-in functions that will?

You just said yourself that "I don't need to know the first day of
next month to know the last day of this month", and AFAIK there is no
such function in PHP to get the number of days
without accessing the last second in the month. Besides, showing how
it is done is part of education.