Connect to Google

I'm a teacher. I want to use PHP to interface with Google and see if a student has plagiarized.

I don't see many open-source projects on the subject, so I want to create my own script.

How can I use PHP to interface with Google and see if this text exists on the internet?

If this is possible, I need some ideas on how to parse the text and input it into Google.

Then I might like to get a percentage idea of how this text compares to a site that Google has indexed.

$SampleText = "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, test link adipiscing elit. Nullam dignissim convallis est. Quisque aliquam. Donec faucibus. Nunc iaculis suscipit dui. Nam sit amet sem. Aliquam libero nisi, imperdiet at, tincidunt nec, gravida vehicula, nisl. Praesent mattis, massa quis luctus fermentum, turpis mi volutpat justo, eu volutpat enim diam eget metus. Maecenas ornare tortor. Donec sed tellus eget sapien fringilla nonummy. Mauris a ante. Suspendisse quam sem, consequat at, commodo vitae, feugiat in, nunc. Morbi imperdiet augue quis tellus."

John