Re: Re: Long Live GOTO

On 12-02-06 11:35 AM, Alain Williams wrote:
On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 09:28:10AM -0700, Larry Martell wrote:
On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Alain Williams<addw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

If I survey my code I find that I use one GOTO in about 4,000 lines of code -
that I do not find excessive.

There are, however, people who consider any GOTO as communion with the devil.
IMHO: not so - if used sparingly.

Just for another data point, the FAA does not allow gotos in any code
that goes into an airplane.

And your point is ?

It just means that someone in the FAA does not like GOTO.
If you can come up with their reasoned argument for the ban I will look at it,
but without that the data point does not have much value - IMHO.

The date for when the ban was imposed might be interesting too... perhaps it hasn't been revisited since the 70s.

Cheers,
Rob.
--
E-Mail Disclaimer: Information contained in this message and any
attached documents is considered confidential and legally protected.