RE: RE: RE: passing variables to php script

thanks for your assistance.

________________________________

From: Tim Streater [mailto:tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Fri 1/13/2012 9:37 AM
To: David Savage
Cc: PHP General List
Subject: Re: RE: RE:  passing variables to php script

On 13 Jan 2012 at 15:05, David Savage <dsavage@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I open the html file up from a windows explorer window (Q:\asterisk\), and so
> IE opens it up, but the problem lies in the fact that I cannot find apache
> service running in the background...haven't figured out why yet.  The "test
> configuration" start menu option (under "configure apache server") just
> displays a console window for a brief moment, then immediately disappears.
> The icon I see near my time says "Running none of 1 Apache services"....So I
> have to get that straightened out first...I believe that's been my problem all
> along.

Well, that's going to be part of it, but it's never going to work if you open it via Explorer. If you do that, apache won't be involved whether it's running or not. This will only work if you have IE (or other browser) open and put http://localhost/your-webpage.html into the browser's address bar. Further, both the webpage and PHP file need to be in your document-root. Look in your apache config file for that).

--
Cheers  --  Tim