Re: PDF Printing instead?

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Dan Joseph <dmjoseph@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Jim Giner <jim.giner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> ok - somebody has advised that I should not be trying to print to a printer
>> from my website php script.
>>
>> The suggestion of creating a pdf and sending to the client was made.  How
>> do
>> I install the pdf functions?  I've never had to install a package before or
>> is that something my hoster does?
>>

> If you're on shared hosting, it'd be something your hosting company does.
> I used fpdf for my last pdf job.  Although, I personally do not see a
> problem with having people just print a nicely formatted web page out.

I've used TCPDF in some projects - does not need much in the way of
installing, just stick all the TCPDF files in a subfolder on your
website then include the main php file.

As an added hint, if you don't need lots of fonts, you can safely
delete all the ones you don't want to reduce the disk usage
considerably.

Davo