Re: Server Side Include translator as PHP functions

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Complex <complex.confusion@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can you please tell me if there's already a set of PHP functions for
> translating SSI commands to PHP?
> I'm looking to do two things -- one difficult, one easy -- using PHP
> on a hosted server.

I can't believe that this hasn't already been done -- there are
probably lots of sites that used SSI in legacy systems that eventually
went to PHP that something like this only makes sense as an interim
step. Yet I can't find anything (or it's buried too deep in google
that my -fu isn't working).

Basically what you want to do is translate SSI directives on the fly
in PHP, yes? includes, execs, other SSI functions. I can't see an easy
way to this without actually reading the file and making substitutions
in it as you spit it out to the client. It doesn't seem like
especially difficult code to write, it's just surprising I can't find
something that already does it.

I did this a long time ago in Perl, but that code is lost to time.