RE: Need help Wth PHP

If I remember this correctly ...

The database information can be setup/modified only with the
install/reinstall.
If the DB's are moving to a new server, You have to copy out the databases
directly from the DB manager and then do a fresh install of WP.
You should also copy out any custom theme css ..

When you go through the installation process, you can specify your new DB
access info and then once installed and theme selected,
copy in the archived CSS from the old install. It's a bit tricky.

I'm trying to direct you to the correct process based on memory from when
I've had to do in the past,
so apologies if it's a bit spotty but it is definitely more of a manual than
automated process.

1. Backup DB's directly from old DB manager (i.e. MySQL or other)
2. Archive custom theme css if applied
3. Export posts from old WP install admin as a safety measure
4. New install of WP at new URL
4. Specify new server DB access info and new WP and site URL's during new
install
5. Apply appropriate theme and update any custom css with archived css from
old install.

I hope that helps... not saying this is the only way if there is other
advice to be offered, but this is what has worked for me.

Jen