Re: using wget in shell for download(snort)

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Negin Nickparsa <nickparsa@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Sorry that I disssturbed you
> I appologize you,ok I will solve my problem in another mailing list

I'm not disturbed (well, maybe a little :D), just pointing out that since
your issue is to do with Snort and not PHP you might get a better response
from a more relevant mailing list.

my application is in php
> I simplified using snort by writing an application
> but in the updating part of files I wanted to automatically download the
> files
> which user will have nothing to do in shell just clicking on the sub button
> my task:by executing in PHP (doing updates)
> they have their downloaded files more easily

I just perused the Snort site and saw this...

"Users may opt to manually download and updates rules files, however most
Snort users automate the process using
PulledPork<http://code.google.com/p/pulledpork/>,
an open source perl script. If you plan on using PulledPork to manage VRT
Rules updates you'll need to login to snort.org and generate an
Oinkcode<http://www.snort.org/account/oinkcode> to
properly configure Oinkmaster."

Why don't you use PulledPork to update the rules since it seems to be the
officially supported method? PHP can shell out to a Perl script in exactly
the same way it can shell out to wget.

-Stuart

--
Stuart Dallas