Re: phpsadness

On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 01:02:26PM -0400, Daniel Brown wrote:

> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 22:13, Bill Guion <bguion@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > So if I understand, you want an explode() with empty parameters to explode
> > the host machine?
>
>     That's correct.  If it causes too much userland confusion, we can
> alias it as detonate() as well.

It would be so hilarious if this made it into the docs as a (spoof)
command. I could see some n00b skimming over the docs and going, "Wait,
what--?"

Oh-- how about if the detonate() command just echoed a series of "tick"
strings to the web page? Can't you just imagine the frantic tech support
calls from n00b PHP coders to the tech support departments of their
hosting companies? "Oh crap oh crap! Pick up the phone already! Oh
crap I'm so busted!"

Reminds me (obliquely) of an entry in the index for "The C Programming
Language" for recursion, which points right back to that index page. I
about doubled over when I first discovered it.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster
http://noferblatz.com