Re: Wiki formatting class or something similar

On 30 April 2011 15:13, Stuart Dallas <stuart@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Friday, 29 April 2011 at 22:04, Andre Polykanine wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>> I allow my users to put some Html into their blogs. I filter it using
>> a great tool called HtmLawed and written by Dr. Santosh Patnaik (if
>> you're reading this, many thanks to you!).
>> However, I would like to give them a possibility to mark-up their text
>> in a more convenient way for beginners (such as Wiki or something
>> similar).
>> I searched through http://phpclasses.org/ but didn't find anything.
>> Could you suggest me something?
>> And one more question: maybe some of you already have a handy solution
>> to process smilies? Say, a user writes ":)" and this is replaced by an
>> image in my directory.
>> Thanks in advance!
>
> Markdown is a pretty good option for a wiki: http://michelf.com/projects/php-markdown/
>
> Textile is another option (and supports tables which markdown does not): http://textile.thresholdstate.com/

MarkItUp is a favourite plugin editor of mine - will allow you to work
with a lot of different syntaxes and users don't need to know them.

http://markitup.jaysalvat.com/home/

If you're considering sanitizing html instead of using a markup
language to convert into html, I'd read
http://blog.astrumfutura.com/2010/08/html-sanitisation-the-devils-in-the-details-and-the-vulnerabilities/
before settling on any tool to do the job. Far as I can tell, HtmLawed
isn't actually capable of sanitizing properly, according to the author
- unless it's since been updated to fix the problems mentioned in the
blog.

Regards
Peter

--