RE: refreshing pages in the cache

I am not 100% with this so i might not have the full picture however, it
 is just a command that would have the server tell the client not to
cache the page. from something i just read you would want to execute
this from the server, as by the time it gets to the client it would be
too late as it would have already been cached.

Have a look at this page also

http://php.net/manual/en/function.header.php

There is a quick section on this, it doesn't explain much detail but it does give an idea.