refreshing pages in the cache

I"m trying to make my webpages display random photos on a border.  Got it
all working now but have a question about the IE cache.  Seems that once the
page has been displayed, no amount of "refresh" will make the page "rebuild"
and thus show 'different' pics the second time around.

Can php do something about a page in the cache?  I know that the cache is
there to speed up performance and all, but I thought this random image thing
would work if they just hit F5 to see a new array of images.

Can php detect a user-requested 'refresh'?